Having summered in northern Michigan for most of my life, I have been entranced by the mysterious beauty and light of the Leelanau Peninsula from a very young age. I have found endless inspiration for watercolor landscape painting both in Michigan and in subsequent travels. There is an energy and a joy that come from painting in the landscape – a celebration of life itself.
Inspired by the works of artists Winslow Homer, Fairfield Porter, Edward Hopper, David Hockney, Nell Blaine and Richard Diebenkorn, I have also been exploring large, painterly acrylics and oils of both figures in the landscape and still life in addition to my more traditional watercolors.
- 1993 - Frameworks Gallery, Wilmette, IL - Solo Watercolor Exhibition
- 1994 - Lake Street Studio, Glen Arbor, MI - Invitational Two Woman Show
- 1995 - Hadley School for the Blind, Winnetka, IL - Invitational Show
- 1998 - Ruth Conklin Gallery, Glen Arbor, MI - Double Vision / Two Woman Show
- 1999 / 2000 - Do Your P'Art Show, Winnetka, IL
- 2000 - Commission to design Stain Glass Windows - Entrance to Greeley School, Winnetka, Il.
- 2001- Shady Hill Winery, Suttons Bay, MI. - Leelanau Arts Council Invitational show/Double Vision
- “Art in Process” - Curator and participant in four-person show of Chicago area artists/teachers - North Shore Country Day School, Winnetka, Il.
- 2002/2003/2005/2012 - North Shore Art League’s Member’s Show - Winnetka, Il.
- 2005 - Morgan Stanley - Winnetka, Il - Group Show
- 2006 - Old Art Building, Leland MI. - “New Work” with artists Molly Phinny/David Beemer
- 2007 - Tucker Gallery, Evanston, Il. Two Woman show
- 2008 - Tucker Gallery, Evanston, Il. Group Show
- Old Art Building, Leland, MI. “New Work II” with artists Molly Phinny/ David Beemer
- 2009 - 2011 - Seed Gallery, Elk Rapids, MI.
- July 2010 - “Art Leelanau”, Benefit and Art Exhibition
- April 2012 - Seed Gallery/Good Works Collective, Traverse City, MI. Group Show “Get Dressed”
- May/June 2012 - “Mighty Miniature Group Show”, Michigan Artist Gallery, Suttons Bay, MI.
- Summer 2013 - Artist-in-Residence - Old Art Building, Leland, MI, Solo Retrospective Exhibition
- 2015 - Main Street Gallery Joint Show - Leland, MI
- April - August 2016 - Smith College Alumnae Gallery Show - Northampton, MA
Education & Work
- 1974 - Smith College, B.A.
- 1977- Degree in Graphic Arts, American Academy of Art, Chicago
- 1978-1983 - J. Walter Thompson, Chicago - Associate Creative Director/V.P.
- 1990 - 2007 - Alain Gavin Studio, Evanston, Il.
- 1995 - 1997 - Greeley School, Winnetka, Il. - Teacher’s aide Jr. K/ First/Second Gr.
- 1995 - 2000 - Double Vision - joint acrylic paintings on canvas with artist Molly Phinny
- 1998 - 2002 - Rejoice Art teacher/Kenilworth Union Church - K/First/Second Gr.
- 2000 - 2001 - Faculty, North Shore Art League, Winnetka, Il.
- 2000 - 2006 North Shore Art League Board - Head of Faculty/Education